During the declining period of the Selcuk era, Karasi Bey, one of the officials of the Selcuk army, set up a residential area here in 1350. The leader of the first inhabitants was Kemal Bey who brought 300 settlers to the village.
There is a mosque dating from 1382 and a Turkish bath here in Kemalli. The buildings are good examples of early Ottoman architecture. The village is named after its founder Kemal Bey.
Canakkale is 55 km away and Ezine is 10km away.
The main economy of the village is agriculture and farming. The current head of the village
( Muhtar ) is Ziya Erkol.
The village benefits from a primary school, mains water and sewage and a Post Office ( PTT ) agency. There is a tarmac road servicing the village and established electric and telephone supply.
[sgmap w=”500″ h=”500″ z=”11″ addr=”Kemalli,Canakkale”]